There are many variations for Fattet Hummus, let's try this recipe!
- 350 grams of clean Chick peas
- 300 grams of Arabic bread or Toast
- 60 grams of butter
- 800 grams of yogurt
- 15 grams of garlic (Crushed)
- 20 grams of Salt
- 50 grams of pine nut
- Fried ground lamb meat (optional)
- Chopped parsley (Optional)
- Boil the chick peas or buy it already cooked with some of the water it was cooked with (About 2 cups)
- Cut the bread into small square pieces and spread them in a deep bowl.
- pour some of the chick peas syrup over the bread until wet.
- Pour the Chick peas over the top and spread evenly.
- Mix the Yogurt , salt and garlic together and pour over .
- To garnish, fry the pine nuts or almonds in sizzling butter until they are golden brown and sprinkle over the yogurt with extra check peas.
- Add fried ground lamb meat on the top (optional).
- To garnish add chopped parsley (optional).