Need a really easy idea for dinner? You can't go past this spiced lamb pizza, which uses Lebanese bread as its base.
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 250g lamb mince
- salt and pepper
- 175g butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 large rounds Lebanese bread
- 150g fetta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons pinenuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped flatleaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 200°C. When hot, place 2 flat baking trays in the oven to heat.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a non-stick frying pan with oil spray and place over high heat. Cook the onion for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Add the cumin and coriander and cook for 1 minute. Add the mince, stirring to break it up with a fork, and cook for 5 minutes or until any moisture has evaporated. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- While the mince mixture is cooking, steam the pumpkin for 2-3 minutes or until just tender.
- Spoon the tomato paste over the Lebanese bread. Divide the pumpkin, lamb mixture, fetta and pine nuts between the 2 rounds of bread. Place on the preheated baking trays and bake for 8 minutes or until crisp. Scatter with parsley and serve immediately.
If your oven is not big enough you may need to cook each pizza separately.
Simply Food - June 2008, Page 7